Activating City Center one storefront at a time.
In our ever expanding city, we have seen each district develop its own personality. City Center is beginning to lay groundwork for its identity, and Open Spaces aided in its revival and sustainability as a destination. Open Spaces windows created a bridge between the Southside and Riverfront allowing people to move through the district in an inviting and comfortable setting.
- 22 total installations; 19 created by local and regional artists; 3 installations created by 2 local schools, Red Bank High School and the STEM School
- 2 installations are now in permanent residence at the Downtown Branch of the Chattanooga Public Library
- 19 vacant storefront windows in 10 buildings were transformed for 1 year
- 4 buildings – location of 8 installations – have been or are currently under construction for retail and commercial uses
- 3 buildings – location of 12 installations – are currently being reviewed for retail and commercial possibilities